Piersante Sestini MD
Institute of Respiratory Diseases
University of Siena, Italy
Welcome to my home page. I keep it to present a few information
about myself and the activities in which I am involved, for
poeple who might share similar scientific interests
I also keep here a list of pointers to Internet resources
which I found useful for each of the specific fields in
which I am involved. I hope that some of them could
be useful also to you. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Please be warned that I should probably update my picture on this page: my hairs are currently much greyer than when I first drew this homepage ;-)
- Date of birth:
- Siena, Italy, January 27, 1951
- Click here to know more about the town of Siena and the surrounding region of Chianti
- 1976 - Medical Degree, University of Siena School of Medicine
- 1981 - Post-graduate specialist in Respiratory Diseases, University of Siena
- Associate Professor of Respiratory Diseases
- Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Siena.
- Viale Bracci,3 -53100 Siena, Italy
- Tel +39-(577)-586717
- Fax +39-(577)-280744
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Click here for more information on the University of Siena
Main fields of scientific interest
- Respiratory Medicine
- Asthma and bronchial hyperreactivity
- Epidemiology of respiratory disorders
- Evidence based medicine
- Mucosal immunology
- Medical Education in Respiratory Medicine
- Smoking cessation
- Respiratory Health Promotion
Click here for an updated list of recent publications (thanks to Pubmed)
- School of Medicine, University of Siena
- Post-graduate School of Respiratory Diseases, University of Siena
- Post-graduate School of Cardiology, University od Siena
- School for Health Assistant, University of Siena
- School for Prevention Technician, University of Siena
- Post-graduate resident, Istituto di
Malattie dell' Apparato Respiratorio dell' Università di Siena.
- October-Dicember. Visiting Fellow, Department of Clinical
Cardiothoracic Institute, London.
- Prof Jack Pepys
- Research fellowship from the Italian Minister
of Health on immunological aspects of lung cancer
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Medicine, Clinical Immunology
Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA.
- Prof. John E.
- Ricercatore Confermato (Lecturer), Istituto di Tisiologia e
Apparato Respiratorio dell' Università di Siena.
- Prof. Leopoldo
Perna, Sebastiano Bianco, Mario Vagliasindi.
- 1982 June-November.
- Guest researcher, Laboratorio di
Centro Ricerche Sclavo, Siena.
- Dr. Aldo Tagliabue and Diana Boraschi.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology,
University School of Medicine, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Prof. John
Bienenstock and Jack
- 1999 -Present, Associate Professor of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Siena.
Last updated on October 30, 2004